Is a New Year detox on your list of 2022 resolutions? Understanding how to safely get rid of toxins ensures you can take advantage of detoxing benefits for your health and wellbeing. Use this guide to revolutionize your routine and cleanse your body as we enter the new year.
Best Foods For Detoxification
These detox foods contain some of the best ingredients for a natural cleanse:
- Tomatoes and other high-antioxidant fruits and veggies, which help the immune system fight off disease. Tomatoes are also rich in prebiotics, which form the foundation of good gut health.
- Legumes like lentils, beans and chickpeas are packed with fiber, which facilitates regular waste removal from the GI system
- Berries such as blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and strawberries, among some of the most antioxidant-rich foods you can eat
- Sunflower seeds for a quick snack that's packed with fiber as well as heart-healthy magnesium
- Oats, which deliver 16 grams of fiber in a 1-cup serving. Combining oats with blackberries can increase production of a fatty acid that reduces inflammation.
- Almonds, which help remove alcohol residue from the liver and lower cholesterol levels in the blood
- Bananas, which decrease the levels of bad gut bacteria, easing uncomfortable bloating and water retention
- Beets, which have antioxidants called betalians that keep the liver cells in good repair
- Asparagus, which can help shield the liver cells from damage caused by alcohol and other toxins
- Citrus fruits like grapefruit and oranges, infused with a boost of vitamin C that enhances immune system function
Try to emphasize whole rather than processed items in your diet, avoiding sugar, salt, fat, and alcohol. Try these recipes if you're unsure where to start with these detoxifying foods.
Lentil, Tomato and Coconut Curry
For this easy recipe, chop a medium onion and saute in a few tablespoons of olive oil for 10 minutes or until translucent. Add two cloves of minced garlic and an entire fresh grated ginger root (about 2 inches long) along with 1 tablespoon curry powder and 1/4 red pepper flakes. Saute for about 2 minutes then add 3/4 cup dried red lentils, a 14.5-ounce can of your favorite crushed tomatoes, a 14.5-ounce can of unsweetened coconut milk, 2.5 cups of water or veggie broth, and salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer until lentils reach your desired texture (about 20 minutes).
Rainbow Detox Salad
Shred the following ingredients in your food processor, or chop by hand for a chunkier texture:
- 3 cups kale
- 2 cups red cabbage
- 2 cups broccoli
- 1 cup cilantro
- 1 cup carrots
Then, toss in a colorful bowl with a diced ripe avocado, a few sliced green onions and 1/2 cup toasted almond slivers. Top with your go-to dressing, avoiding sugary, fatty or processed choices.
Cleanse Your Way Into the New Year
Detoxify offers a range of products for removing toxins and helping you feel incredible—all year long. Browse our catalog to learn more about:
- Polisorb, a single-ingredient formula that removes substances from your digestive tract within 15 minutes
- Ready Clean, rich in hydrating and detoxifying herbs
- Mega Clean, designed to help you wake up and reset after a night of indulgence with a vitamin infusion
- Ever Clean, formulated for an intensive cleanse
- Instant Clean, single-day cleansing capsules with no sugar added
- Mighty Clean, the most powerful available single-day cleanse from Detoxify
- Green Clean, which supports production of healthy gut bacteria that ward off illness
- XXtra Clean, which contains ingredients that relieve stress and enhance mood for a physical and mental detox
We also offer Precleanse, an herbal supplement that helps optimize the health benefits of your upcoming detox. You can mix and match these products for a cleansing regimen that fits your needs.
Bundle & Save Shop Detoxify Bundles
The Many Benefits of Detoxing
A detox can help clear your body of toxins, but how does that actually translate to health benefits? These are some of the key reasons to kick off a toxin-free 2022.
Clearing waste such as old cells from the lymphatic system can reduce fatigue and bring you a boost of energy. Without draining the lymph nodes through a detox, these organs become clogged and no longer function effectively to eliminate impurities that can make you feel sick and sluggish.
Did you know a detox could improve your cognitive function? Getting enough sleep is the most important way to support your glymphatic system, which removes waste from the brain. Focus on whole grains like oatmeal to make sure you feel soft, clear, and focused. A good detox contains ingredients to rehydrate and replenish your body. Even mild dehydration can cause headaches, affect your concentration and result in a low mood.
If you have a sweet tooth, doing a detox could let you leave those sugar cravings behind. Too much sugar causes a spike in energy followed by a quick crash that comes with a bloated, sluggish feeling. It also feeds the bad bacteria in your belly, throwing your gut microbiome off balance.
When skin dries out, moisture overproduction can result in blemishes. If you're prone to acne and want to clear your skin, your detox should include drinking plenty of water. Make sure to incorporate foods with antioxidants, which shield your complexion from sun damage and reduce the risk of skin cancer.
Improved Immune Systems
The antioxidants in detox foods combat free radicals in your body. These compounds, which come from environmental exposures such as pollution and cigarette smoke, increase the risk for cancer and other diseases. Loading your detox diet with ample fresh fruits and veggies will maximize its immunity advantages.
Decrease in Joint Pain
Stiff, aching joints can result from inflammation, which increases when toxins and bacteria build up in your body. When you take steps to flush out these materials, inflammation decreases and you may notice joint relief.
Start the new year off with a bang! And by bang, we mean cleanse. Have questions? Detoxify is here to help with everything you need to know about your next cleanse. Click here to download our Beginner’s Guide to Cleansing, and get started.