Let's be honest, we all love a good party. Good drinks, great food, and your besties, what could go wrong? With so much fun involved, it’s amazing how your body can feel so exhausted and miserable after going on a bender? The truth is, drinking too much alcohol in one sitting can negatively affect your body. The same is true for marijuana, vaping, and even fast food. That's why detoxing toxins is so important (especially after a night or weekend of partying!)
The good news is you don't have to give up your fun-loving lifestyle to enjoy improved health and decrease your misery after a party. You just need to learn how to get rid of toxins after the fact, so they don't hang out in your body and have a party of their own (at your expense).
How to Measure Toxicity Levels
If you're curious about the level of toxicity building up inside you, there are ways to test it. Important to note, Detoxify products are designed to help support your body’s natural cleansing systems to remove individual toxins. Our products are not designed for tests of any sort.
Measuring the toxicity levels in your body shouldn't be done to make you feel guilt over your social lifestyle. Instead, it should be done to help you understand what steps you need to take to get built-up toxins out of your body so you can continue working hard and playing hard.
According to Integrative Medicine: A Clinician's Journal, some of the most common lab tests used to measure body toxicity, sometimes called "toxic load," include:
- A complete blood count, in which the lab measures your red and white blood cells, hemoglobin, platelets, and other blood components
- Levels of liver enzymes
- Tests for C-reactive protein, a marker of harmful inflammation and oxidative stress within the body
- Cholesterol levels
- Blood sugar levels
Tests for metabolites such as uric acid and bilirubin
Your doctor may do these tests as part of a routine checkup or order them when you have unexplained symptoms such as those described in the next section.
How to Know if You Need a Detox Cleanse
There are some telltale signs you need a detox to cleanse after a night of partying. They include:
- Red eyes
- Fatigue, especially if you feel exhausted after getting plenty of rest
- Dry mouth
- Impaired motor skills
- Decreased sleep quality, with symptoms such as repeated awakening or difficulty falling asleep
- Gastrointestinal symptoms including stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, bloating, diarrhea and constipation
- Increased thirst
- Vomiting and/or stomach pain
- Muscle aches
- Rashes, acne, dull complexion and other skin irritation
- Signs of impacted immunity, like frequent colds and other illnesses
- Cognitive symptoms such as difficulty focusing and concentrating
- Mood swings and irritability, depression, and loss of interest in activities and hobbies
But for mild to moderate signs of chronic toxicity from regular alcohol consumption, marijuana use, or fast food, detoxifying with products designed for this purpose may help you feel much better. Taking a product such as Green Clean Herbal Cleanse or Mega Clean from Detoxify can help your body get rid of built-up toxins. There are many wellness benefits, including improved energy, enhanced mental focus, and more regular bowel habits.
Timeline of How Body Detoxes Work
Keep in mind there are different timelines associated with each of Detoxify's herbal cleanses — short-term, one day vs. long-term. These purify your body at different levels (including average, high, and maximum toxicity levels).
Generally, the more herbs a cleansing product has, the higher the toxicity levels it cleans. Detoxify provides a variety of options when it comes to how you’ll detox including drink size, sugar levels, flavor, amount of liquid consumed, and capsule options. Here's a brief overview of each cleansing product’s level of cleansing:
Mighty Clean is our most powerful cleanse. It's designed to rid your body of the maximum level of toxins, defined by Detoxify as exposure to substances like vaping, cigarettes, THC, CBD, alcohol, etc., daily or even multiple times a day. The formula, which comes in three, eight-oz bottles, includes exclusive Metaboost metabolic support to dial the detox up to 10.
We also have several formulas formulated to fight back against high levels of toxins, defined as three to six exposures weekly. Your options in this category include:
- Mega Clean: This best-selling fan-favorite comes in two great flavors, tropical and grape. You'll love the convenience of the single 32-oz bottle.
- Mega Clean NT: Up the ante with this optimized version of the classic Mega Clean formula. It comes with our Metaboost support capsule for added oomph.
- Green Clean: Get a concentrated cleanse in two easy-to-consume shooters with Green Clean. It's also the only formula with an infusion of ingredients that promote good gut health.
- Instant Clean: Choose this formula for detox in a snap, with four sugar-free capsules instead of a drink. This option is great if you try to avoid sweet foods and beverages.
Need a quick tune-up? Try one of our cleanse options that removes an average level of toxins, defined as exposure no more than twice a week:
- XXtra Clean: Improve your mood and reduce your stress with this formula. In addition to detoxing the body, it provides a dose of emotional well-being.
- Ready Clean: This formula is our original offering and is our most affordable option.
- Ever Clean: While Ever Clean only provides an average cleanse, it offers long-lasting results. This five-day formula is an excellent first detox for those who are new to our products.
Carefully study your symptoms to determine your body's level of toxicity when choosing what level of detoxifying product you need to consume for optimum results. If you've only consumed a moderate level of marijuana or alcohol, for example, your body will probably respond well to any of the above products clean on an average level.
But if you've gotten a little "carried away" and know you're in for some unpleasant consequences within the next few hours, you'll probably want to reach for a product that cleanses at a high or maximum level. It's wise to take a cleansing product soon after partying so you can get rid of toxins right away and minimize the symptoms associated with a hangover.
Clean Out the Bad Stuff, Fast Shop Herbal Cleanses
Importance of Detoxify in Getting Rid of Toxins
Your body has some incredible systems designed to get rid of toxins. But with the sheer number of toxic substances you’re exposed to every day, your body's natural systems (including your kidneys and liver) can get overrun and start to function at suboptimal levels. When this happens, detoxing can support your body's optimal performance.
It's important to note these products don't negate your body's natural processes. Instead, they work with your body to get rid of toxins that are causing harm.
Constant exposure to harmful substances can lead to long-term health complications. Diseases and health conditions associated with long-term excessive marijuana and alcohol use include the following:1,2
- High blood pressure
- Digestive problems
- Liver disease
- Certain types of cancer
- Heart disease
- Weakened immune system
- Chronic bronchitis
- Increased risk of chronic psychosis disorders
To reduce your risk of developing these diseases or minimize your symptoms if you already had an epic binger, detoxifying is essential.
When to Seek Detox Help
In some cases, ongoing substance use may require medical attention to address physical and emotional dependence. Signs of clinical substance use disorder include:
- Inability to stop using drugs or drinking even when you want to quit
- Need to use more of the substance to get the intended effect
- Withdrawal symptoms when you try to stop drinking or discontinue use, such as fever, sweating, shaking, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, headaches, mood swings, anxiety and depression
- Difficulties at school, work or home arising from substance use, or even legal problems such as arrest for driving under the influence
- Dramatic changes in your eating or sleeping habits
- Illegal activities associated with getting or using the substance
- Changes in social groups, such as new friends and interests
Starting the Cleanse Process With Detoxify
Take some time to look at the various detoxifying products we offer, then select the best product or combination of products for your needs. Keep in mind some products provide the best results when paired with others.
Carefully follow the instructions included on the product packaging to make sure you're getting maximum benefits from the use of your detoxifying products. For best results, take a Detoxify cleanse the morning after binge drinking to reduce hangover symptoms.